Implant Dentures – Wauwatosa, WI
Permanently Replace an Entire Arch of Missing Teeth
A full set of teeth is what gives you the power to eat your favorite foods, the ability to speak clearly, and the confidence to show off your smile in social gatherings. If you’ve lost most or all of your teeth, then you know all too well how difficult these tasks can be. Our team at Wauwatosa Dental Arts would love to help you permanently replace an entire arch of missing teeth by securing a custom denture onto dental implants. Call our practice today to schedule your consultation for implant dentures in Wauwatosa, WI!
Why Choose Wauwatosa Dental Arts for Implant Dentures?
- Start-to-Finish Implant Denture Treatment Under One Roof
- On-Site Dental Lab
- Comfortable, Precise Digital Impressions
What Are Implant Dentures?
Implant dentures combine the lifelike appearance of dentures with the natural feel of dental implants – titanium posts that are affixed in your jawbone to serve as the roots of your new teeth. Based on your preferences and the state of your jawbone, your implant dentist in Wauwatosa may suggest one of the two types of implant dentures.
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
Many patients prefer to have replacement teeth that stay in place at all times, only to be removed by a dental professional. Typically, you’ll need about four to six implant posts to support a fixed implant denture, so you’ll need to have sufficient bone density in your jaw.
Removable Implant Dentures
Like traditional dentures, removable implant dentures can be taken out of your mouth at any time so that you can clean them yourself. This solution requires fewer implants and less jawbone density, making it ideal for patients who have experienced jawbone loss.
The Implant Denture Process
The process of getting implant dentures is split into multiple phases:
- Our dentists confirm your eligibility for implant dentures and then prepare your mouth with any preliminary treatments that may be necessary, such as bone grafting or gum disease therapy.
- We surgically position the implant posts in your jaw. Unlike many other dental offices that need to refer their patients out for this procedure, we can handle this step in-house.
- Over the next several months, your jawbone grows attached to the implant posts via a natural process known as osseointegration.
- We secure metal attachments on top of your implants.
- Lastly, we capture impressions of your mouth, design your final denture, and anchor it into place.
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
As long as you’re an adult with generally good oral health, chances are high that you qualify for implant dentures. That being said, a good implant denture candidate must:
- Be healthy enough to undergo oral surgery.
- Have a strong enough jawbone to support dental implants.
- Have healthy gums.
- Be willing to commit to a process that spans several months to a year or longer.
- Be dedicated to maintaining good oral health to prevent dental implant failure.
Benefits of Combining Dentures with Dental Implants
Pairing dentures with dental implants in Wauwatosa not only improves your oral health, but it also benefits your overall health. Because implant dentures enable you to chew practically any food, you won’t have to forgo nutritious fruits and vegetables that can be hard to eat with regular dentures. The implant posts stimulate your jawbone just like real tooth roots do, so you won’t need to worry about jawbone loss like you would with traditional tooth replacements. And while a conventional denture can last for up to a decade with proper care, implant dentures can last several times longer; in fact, their average lifespan is 30 years.