Dentures – Wauwatosa, WI
Rebuild Your Precious Smile
According to one estimate, 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth, while almost 40 million are completely edentulous (missing all teeth). These individuals may find it difficult to eat their favorite foods, and they might hesitate to smile in social situations. Fortunately, reliable tooth replacement options are available. Dentures in Wauwatosa are a tried-and-true treatment that can improve chewing power and provide pleasing aesthetics. If you are interested in rebuilding your lost teeth, contact our practice to schedule your personalized consultation.
Why Choose Wauwatosa Dental Arts for Dentures?
- Dentist with Decades of Experience
- Traditional and Implant Dentures Available
- Insurance-Friendly Practice
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dentures?
Dentures may be perfect for you if:
- You are tired of dealing with the effects of missing teeth, such as limited chewing ability, speech alterations, and a “sunken” facial appearance.
- Your mouth is healthy enough to support dentures. It is important that you are free of active gum disease.
- Your tooth loss is extensive. If you are missing just a few teeth, an alternative tooth replacement solution may be a better option for you.
Types of Dentures
During your consultation, we will evaluate your oral health and learn more about your goals for treatment. Then, your dentist in Wauwatosa will be able to recommend the type of denture that we believe is right for you.
The three main types of dentures are:
A partial denture is sort of like a puzzle piece that fits in exactly where it is needed. It can fill in multiple spaces throughout a dental arch, fitting in around the remaining natural teeth. A partial denture typically consists of a gum-colored base, artificial teeth, and small attachments to keep it secure in the mouth.
A full denture replaces either all of the upper or lower teeth. It stays in place with the help of natural suction and/or a mild adhesive. We carefully design full dentures so they are as comfortable as possible on your gums. However, they do have to be refitted from time to time to accommodate changes in the jaw’s structure.
Instead of relying on natural suction, implant dentures are secured in the mouth via dental implants (prosthetic tooth roots that are inserted into the jawbone). Implant dentures tend to be stronger and more natural-feeling than their traditional counterparts. They are an excellent option for patients who are looking for premium tooth replacement.
The Benefits of Dentures
Some of the top benefits of dentures include:
- A natural appearance. We design dentures to complement your natural facial features. They also fill out your cheeks to help you look more youthful.
- Improved chewing power. Dentures are able to handle most (if not all) of your favorite foods.
- Cost effectiveness. Traditional dentures are one of the most affordable forms of tooth replacement, while implant dentures provide an excellent long-term value.
- Easy maintenance. Caring for dentures is relatively simple and does not take a lot of time.