Dental Crowns – Wauwatosa, WI
Better Protection to Improve Structure
Decay and damage can be problematic, especially if you’re looking to maintain a healthier smile. Should dental fillings no longer be enough to care for your oral health issues, dental crowns in Wauwatosa may just be the solution you need. Our team at Wauwatosa Dental Arts is here to provide a traditional or more modern solution to repair and restore your smile. Whether you choose a traditional crown or same-day restorations, we can deliver high-quality results using advanced dental technology. Contact us today to learn more about what we have to offer and how we can help bring back your smile.
Why Choose Wauwatosa Dental Arts for Dental Crowns?
High Quality Materials Used for a Natural and Fully Functional Smile
Late Evening Appointments Available
Glidewell One-Visit Crown Technology
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is also referred to as a “cap” and is customized to fit snugly over a severely decayed or damaged tooth to protect its structure from future harm or reinfection. They’ve been a staple in most dental offices for decades, as dentists continue to view them as one of the most beneficial and reliable restorative solutions available.
Dental crowns are often used to treat severe decay, facial trauma that results in chipped or broken teeth, or a filling that has expanded and is harming the tooth structure. They’re also created should you require a root canal or dental implant.
The Dental Crown Process
When receiving a traditional dental crown, your dentist in Wauwatosa will first examine your smile and determine if this type of restoration is what you need. Once a treatment plan is crafted, we will begin to prepare your tooth by clearing out any decay or damaged areas and filling it with composite resin to create a tight seal. We’ll then alter your tooth to ensure the crown fits snugly when put into place.
The next step will be to take digital impressions of the tooth using a handheld device that creates a 3D model. We can then make any adjustments and alternations before having the tooth created. While waiting for lab technicians to create the restoration, you will wear a temporary one at home. Once the finalized crown is ready, you will return to have the temporary removed and the permanent one secured into place.
If you prefer a quicker solution instead of waiting weeks for your customized restoration, you can also opt for a same-day crown. Our Glidewell One-Visit Crown technology allows us to follow the same procedure except we will:
- Capture a 3D scan of your mouth after preparing your tooth
- Use specialized software to create a model of your tooth that will be sent to an in-house milling unit
- Place the chosen material (ceramic or porcelain) inside the unit where a customized dental crown is created while you wait
- The crown is then placed over your altered tooth to ensure greater protection
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Because of the reliability and effectiveness of dental crowns, you can expect there to be many great benefits that come with these custom-made restorations, such as:
- Improved appearance and boosted confidence
- Greater functionality, allowing you to eat and speak without worry
- Same-day dentistry in Wauwatosa that reduces your wait time and allows for quicker treatment
- Capable of lasting 15 years or more with regular maintenance and care
- Easy maintenance that doesn’t require additional tools or products to clean
- Better protection for your weakened tooth