From minor to major repairs and enhancements, a cosmetic dentist is guaranteed to help you restore and improve the health and beauty of your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry is focused on the appearance of a person’s teeth and improving the health and appearance of their smile by working on improving the dental aesthetics including the color, shape, position, alignment and bite. There are many techniques and dental solutions used to make these improvements on a person’s teeth, but before deciding on the treatment you would like to undergo, it is important to understand the benefits and risks that it entails.
Some of the cosmetic dental procedures offered at our practice include:
- Teeth whitening – teeth whitening is a procedure performed to brighten the shade of your smile through whitening agents. This is performed in a dental office. Although there are whitening kits that can be bought over the counter, the method that produces the fastest and most effective results is the one that is professionally done by a dentist.
- Veneers – veneers are used to cover teeth imperfections. These are very thin shells that are made to match the color of your teeth
- Porcelain bridgework – porcelain bridgework is attached to a natural tooth, on either side of the space; and is used to replace missing tooth
- Fillings – fillings are used to prevent further decay of the tooth. The most commonly used today are tooth colored fillings because they are barely noticeable
- Cosmetic gum surgery – this is performed to reshape gum tissue and improve its appearance
- Composite bonding – bonding is used to enhance the appearance and increase the strength of a damaged tooth. This procedure uses a tooth-colored composite resin that is attached to a tooth
- Dental crowns – these are cap-shaped material used to cover extremely damaged teeth
- Dental implants – are the most effective method of replacing a missing tooth. In implants, a titanium post is placed inside a jawbone through a surgery where a crown can be attached
- Clear orthodontic aligners – these are aligners that can be used as an alternative to the traditional braces so that the patient does not have to wear unsightly metal brackets and wires.
- Tooth contouring and reshaping – this procedure is used to smoothen teeth or reshape teeth
If you are one of those people who are not entirely happy about their smile, cosmetic dentistry may be a perfect solution for you. You can think over the improvements you want to see in your smile and consult our office about the treatments you can possibly take. Call us at (414) 214-0866 for an appointment today!