You might be surprised to hear this, but every patient who wears an orthodontic device is required to wear a retainer after the treatment time. After braces or aligners straighten the wearer’s teeth, they need a back-up to keep the newly treated teeth in their proper positions. Maximizing the result of the orthodontic treatment is possible with the help of retainers.
Here at Dental Arts, we offer different types of retainer: Essix, Fixed, and Hawley. The latter option is the most common amongst the three. Hawley retainers are made up of an acrylic base, Adam clasp, labial bow – and sometimes, finger spring. They all work together to provide patients with a steady and comfortable oral device.
What Are The Benefits Of Hawley Retainers?
Are you planning to invest in Hawley retainer? Here are the advantages that it can give:
Hawley retainer is removable, which means that the wearer can simply detach the appliance from their mouth when eating, brushing, or flossing.
This type of retainer is the most durable. Patients do not have to worry about breaking the device.
Hawley retainers can be personalized. It is up for the wearer if they will add some colors, sparkles, or designs to the orthodontic appliance.
Ways to clean the Hawley retainer
Follow the steps below to maintain the pleasant appearance of your removable retainer.
- Always clean the retainer right after you take it off from your mouth.
- Aside from brushing the teeth after each meal, it is also best to spend some time to wash off the debris from the retainer by using a soft-bristled toothbrush and lukewarm water.
- When brushing the device, it is best to pair the toothbrush with gentle dish soap.
- Eliminate stuck particles on the grooves and ridges of the appliance by using a cotton swab.
Other Things To Consider:
- Avoid using an abrasive cleanser when cleaning the retainer.
- Store the device in a safe place; away from pets and kids.
- Do not expose the retainer in hot water to prevent it from warping.
- To deep clean, soak the orthodontic device in a mild solution or mouthwash.
For more information about Orthodontic Retainers in Wauwatosa, WI, be sure to contact Dental Arts today. Our entire team looks forward to meeting you in person and helping you achieve the best possible dental health results. You may visit us at 11600 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa, WI 53226.