Five Ways to Avoid Root Canal Therapy, Wauwatosa
- Root canal therapy is also referred to as the endodontic treatment. The outermost layer of the tooth is called the enamel. The one inner to this is the dentine. Inner to this even is the pulp cavity. This comprises of cellular matter, nerves and blood vessels. During a root canal procedure, the dental cavity is cleared up of all this matter. It is then cleaned up and disinfected thoroughly well. A substance like gutta-percha is inserted into the cavity, and it is then sealed off from outside environs. A dental cap or crown is placed atop the existing tooth structure to give it strength and support. To avoid root canal therapy, it is best that one follows strict dental hygiene rules and regulations.
- One should brush teeth at least twice daily and for at least two minutes each time. Also, this should be done with proper technique and with the use of a good quality toothbrush and toothpaste. Also, the toothbrush must be changed once every two months.
- One should also floss teeth regularly. For this too, one must use the proper technique. Flossing is a great way to minimize damage to the teeth since the space between the teeth becomes very clean with this activity. Clean-ship is very necessary to prevent the formation of plaque and tartar and even for the prevention of accumulation of bacteria in the mouth area.
- One should take care of our dietary habits. First of all, it is necessary to eat a required quantity of vitamins and minerals to ensure good oral health and hygiene. Also, one should have a given amount of calcium and phosphorus in our systems to have a healthy set of teeth and gums. Thus, it is a must that one keeps the intake of such substances in our body to at least the bare minimum which is needed by us for good oral health. It is also necessary that we do not consume too much of tea, coffee, red wine et al. which can cause teeth staining as well. If we do consume such products, it is essential that we clean the mouth area soon afterward.
- Sometimes root canal therapy becomes necessary if we have injured our tooth or it has an infection in it. To avoid such instances, it is best that we visit our dentist on a regular basis. If the teeth are found to be unclean during such visits, the dentist will undertake professional teeth cleaning exercise and clean them up thoroughly well. Also, root canal therapy may not be successful at the first go. It is recommended that the dentist give it another try. However, if it is unsuccessful even on the second go, it is best that the dentist does not try further and goes in for tooth extraction and subsequent establishment of a dental implant or so. Root canal therapy can be avoided only and only if the dental routine is maintained. This point should be emphasized to all children and adults as well.